Build your skills, explore key tools, and practice writing effective briefing notes.
Live online events
- As a public servant, writing briefings is one of your most important skills. Briefings on Demand Part 1: Written Briefs is a half-day webinar designed to give you an opportunity not only to learn how to write strong briefing notes, but also to practice these skills in an optional follow-up assignment.
- Our experienced facilitators will give you guidance, tips and structure about how to deliver strong written briefings to senior managers. You will gain insights into expectations of executives of your content, layout and strategic vision.
- To really improve, you need to practice these skills. During the week following the webinar, you will have the chance to submit a writing practice exercise (chosen from three different options explained during the webinar), which will be reviewed by our experienced public service executives, with comments and suggestions.
- You should attend this webinar if you are a public servant at any level of government and experience who would like to improve your written briefing skills.
- Take advantage of Part 2 of Briefings on Demand where we will explore and build on your Oral Briefing skills.
- You will learn the importance of briefings in the public service decision-making process.
- You will explore key briefing tools for both oral and written briefs.
- You will cover key tips for understanding your audience and what they need to know.
- You will learn about the structure of a briefing note and tips for good writing.
- You will learn how to take your writing to the next level through strategic thinking.
- You will be given an optional exercise to write following the webinar, to submit for comment and suggestions.