Includes mix of ‘in-class’ modules, a travel study tour, and coaching sessions.
Wed 22 Feb
30 weeks, 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
- $8,900.00 incl.
Cohort 20 | Open for Registration
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2023
Hybrid Delivery - Virtual + In-Person Sessions
- Module 1 (February 22, 23, 24, 2023) will be delivered in-person at the IOG office, 60 George Street, 2nd floor, Ottawa.
- Module 2 (April 11, 12, 13, 2023) and Module 4 (September 12, 13, 14, 2023) will be delivered virtually over Zoom.
- Module 3 (June 12, 13, 14, 2023) will be delivered in-person in both Montreal and Ottawa, including some travel time to and from. This is the Study Tour portion of the program where participants will travel to Montreal (2 days) to experience a leadership tour -- with the third day hosted in Ottawa at the IOG office. See below for more information re: travel logistics/costs.
Virtual delivery does not mean you lose out on the value of face-to-face learning. Unlike traditional e-learning courses, the program is highly interactive and our instructors will ensure you get the most of your experience.
The world of executives is a challenging one. Expectations are high, accountability is magnified and more challenging, and nothing short of excellence is expected. Leadership skills are essential to succeed.
Learn the skills needed to progress through this unique leadership development program. Designed for EX minus 1 and minus 2 employees looking to hone their skills, this program uses leading-edge learning products and tools to combine theory and practice.
Learn from high caliber guest speakers, experienced facilitators, and former executives. Get the tools and the knowledge to prepare you for your new responsibilities and challenges.
You will also get great networking opportunities along the way.
- Learn from respected subject matter experts and guest speakers
- Develop your skills through professionally-led action-learning groups
- Get insights from other leaders through Virtual Leadership Site Visits
- Learn from wise/best practices that inspire great leadership
In order to make things very clear regarding travel costs for the Montreal Study Tour, we wanted to provide the following detailed information for participants and departments to be aware:
- Train travel to and from Ottawa and Montreal will be paid for by the Institute on Governance (this includes parking at the Ottawa train station). For any participants traveling from outside of the National Capital Region, they may wish to travel from their region to Ottawa to join the group on the train, or to travel from their region directly to Montreal. Any travel costs outside of Ottawa-Montreal are the responsibility of the participant or department.
- The group will spend one night in a hotel in Montreal -- the IOG will hold this reservation, the participant will pay upon checkout, and then the IOG will reimburse this cost via a travel expense form.
- Any meals or taxis paid for by participants during their study tour in Montreal will be logged on an expense form and reimbursed by the IOG.
- For the 3rd day of this module, hosted at the IOG office in Ottawa, meals will be provided on-site, but any hotel accommodations needed in Ottawa are the responsibility of the participant or department.
- Lastly, if a participant from another region needs to travel to Montreal the night before the study tour, they may do so, but their hotel booking and cost will be the responsibility of themselves and/or their department.
If you have any specific questions about the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A seasoned, bilingual leader in public administration for over 30 years, Omer has significant experience in public policy, corporate management and government operations. He is a strategic leader who has successfully implemented transformational change in various settings. His reputation of excellence in building relationships, in the engagement of stakeholders and in achieving results has consistently […]
Donald started his career in the Department of Supply and Services as a buyer. He then became a Director at the Canadian International Development Agency and later assumed the functions of Chief of Staff of the Associate Deputy Minister of Environment Canada, where he worked on a number of strategic files as special advisor to […]
Watch our website for upcoming cohorts.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
"This was an excellent leadership training course that I would recommend. I was particularly impressed by all of the angles of leadership that were explored and the personal learning approach that engaged us in the leadership journey. Thank you IOG!"
"The whole program was top notch, with excellent insights and guest speakers. I will definitely look to take courses with IOG again in future!"
"Very practical sessions that help all the theory come to life – greatly enjoyed!"
"Fantastic sessions and caliber of presenters."
Government and corporate organizations: $8,900
Includes course tuition, all course materials and online tools used during the course.
For in-person components of the program, Public Health requirements will be observed and participants will be asked to present a proof of vaccination.