Includes a mix of in-class modules, a travel study tour, and group coaching sessions.
Tue 27 Feb
30 weeks, 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
- $8,900.00 incl.
Cohort 22 | Registration is now open.
This cohort will be offered in a hybrid format, with modules 1 and 3 in person, and modules 2 and 4 held virtually over Zoom.
The program is comprised of 4 modules:
Module 1 -- February 27, 28, 29, 2024 - In-person at the IOG office, Ottawa
Module 2 -- April 9, 10, 11, 2024 -- virtual over Zoom
Module 3 -- June 11, 12, 13, 2024 -- This is the Study Tour portion of the program where participants will travel to Montreal (2 days) to experience a leadership tour -- with the third day hosted in Ottawa at the IOG office. See below for more information re: travel logistics/costs.
Module 4 -- September 17, 18, 19, 2024 -- virtual over Zoom.
The world of executives is a challenging one. Expectations are high, accountability is magnified and more challenging, and nothing short of excellence is expected. Leadership skills are essential to succeed.
Learn the skills needed to progress through this unique leadership development program. Designed for EX minus 1 and minus 2 employees looking to hone their skills, this program uses leading-edge learning products and tools to combine theory and practice.
Learn from high-caliber guest speakers, experienced facilitators, and former executives. Get the tools and the knowledge to prepare you for your new responsibilities and challenges.
You will also get great networking opportunities along the way.
- Learn from respected subject matter experts and guest speakers
- Develop your skills through professionally-led action-learning groups
- Get insights from other leaders through Virtual Leadership Site Visits
- Learn from wise/best practices that inspire great leadership
In order to make things very clear regarding travel costs for the Montreal Study Tour, we wanted to provide the following detailed information for participants and departments to be aware:
- Train travel to and from Ottawa and Montreal will be paid for by the Institute on Governance (this includes travel to and parking at the Ottawa train station). For any participants traveling from outside of the National Capital Region, they may wish to travel from their region to Ottawa to join the group on the train, or to travel from their region directly to Montreal. Any travel costs outside of Ottawa-Montreal are the responsibility of the participant or department.
- The group will spend one night in a hotel in Montreal -- the IOG will hold this reservation, the participant will pay upon checkout, and then the IOG will reimburse this cost via a travel expense form.
- Any meals or taxis paid for by participants during their study tour in Montreal will be logged on an expense form and reimbursed by the IOG based on the NJC allowances.
- For the 3rd day of this module, hosted at the IOG office in Ottawa, meals will be provided on-site, but any hotel accommodations needed in Ottawa are the responsibility of the participant or department. (exception: if a participant lives in Montreal and therefore does not require lodging in Montreal).
- Lastly, if a participant from another region needs to travel to Montreal the night before the study tour, they may do so, but their hotel booking and cost will be the responsibility of themselves and/or their department.
If you have any specific questions about the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this program but cannot join this particular cohort, please express your interest in a future cohort by completing this form.
A seasoned, bilingual leader in public administration for over 30 years, Omer has significant experience in public policy, corporate management and government operations. He is a strategic leader who has successfully implemented transformational change in various settings. His reputation of excellence in building relationships, in the engagement of stakeholders and in achieving results has consistently […]
Donald started his career in the Department of Supply and Services as a buyer. He then became a Director at the Canadian International Development Agency and later assumed the functions of Chief of Staff of the Associate Deputy Minister of Environment Canada, where he worked on a number of strategic files as special advisor to […]
Watch our website for upcoming cohorts.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
"This was an excellent leadership training course that I would recommend. I was particularly impressed by all of the angles of leadership that were explored and the personal learning approach that engaged us in the leadership journey. Thank you IOG!"
"I would absolutely recommend this program to others (and will do). It was by far the most valuable training activity that I have ever done, and many would benefit from also taking it."
"I appreciate that this course encouraged me and gave me the tools to look both inward and outwards in order to seek a fulfilling leadership role for myself in the public service."
"Incredible experience -- I will certainly come back as I grow as a leader. The program was not only valuable but also exciting and interesting. Thank you!"
"The whole program was top-notch, with excellent insights and guest speakers. I will definitely look to take courses with IOG again in the future!
Government and corporate organizations: $8,900
Includes course tuition and all course materials used during the course.
Public Health requirements will be observed and participants will be asked to sign in and out to comply with COVID-19 tracing.