Review and practice the process employed in the development of MCs, as well as gain an appreciation of the purpose, structure and mandate of Cabinet and its key committees.
Live online events
- As a public servant we know that understanding and properly completing central agency documents can be overwhelming and confusing. When you join Memorandum to Cabinet Development Process, our highly rated facilitators will clearly review and practice the process employed in the development of MCs, as well as give you an appreciation of the purpose, structure and mandate of Cabinet and its key committees.
- We will walk you through each step of the development of the key recommendations for Cabinet consideration and cover the roles played by central agencies in reviewing your Cabinet submissions.
- While both webinars are designed as stand-alone offerings, Memorandum to Cabinet Development Process and Demystifying the Treasury Board Submission Process pair well together as core central agency offerings.
- You will learn when a MC is required and when it is not
- You will learn and practice the process requirements of a MC, including roles and responsibilities of the key players
- You will learn how the MC template is structured and why; what Ministers want to know
- You will explore what distinguishes a good MC
- You will learn how to effectively draft Ministerial Recommendations
- You will understand how to engage with central agencies in the MC development process
- You will learn how to identify and harness resources found in departmental and other knowledge networks to foster a successful outcome for your submission
- You will have the opportunity to practice developing an MC through an optional exercise you can submit for feedback after the course