Join us for the next step in our Policy webinar series! This session is all about enhancing your policy-making skills to help you confidently navigate complex policies. We'll dive into evidence-based policy-making, environmental scanning, and effective collaboration & engagement practices.
Live online events
Evidence-based policy is at the foundation of the policy analyst’s policy role. Our experienced facilitators will lead you through the importance of evidence-based analysis and will give you opportunities to practice the skills and concrete strategies to work in a complex and changing policy environment.
We will explore evidence-based policy-making and environmental scanning to understand the context and challenges you face as you think about public policy.
Certificate in Policy and Governance
This course is part of the Certificate in Policy and Governance offered by the institute. While there are no formal prerequisites for this course, we highly recommend that you consider taking the preceding courses or familiarizing yourself with their content. This background knowledge will greatly enhance your learning experience. Please be aware that the instructor may not revisit these earlier topics in order to allocate ample time for the current material.
- Explore the changing environment of public policy and understand the importance of a strategic view of your policy work.
- Learn about public policy research, data collection, comparators, and environmental scanning.
- Understand the complexities of evidence-based policy-making in government.
- Explore policy analysis, using models that bring in the many competing ‘lenses’ on a policy issue, and how to reframing strategies to better align your analysis with the government’s priorities.
- Explore the importance of evidence gathering through consultation and engagement with Canadians and stakeholders.