We will lead you through interactive discussions and real-life case studies, and take you through the guide to preparing Treasury Board Submissions.
Live online events
Please note that this course is offered as a 3 hour webinar as well as an in-person all-day course.
- As a public servant we know that understanding and properly completing central agency documents can be overwhelming and confusing. When you join Demystifying the Treasury Board Submission Process, our highly rated facilitators will lead the group through interactive discussions and real-life case studies, and take you through the guide to preparing TB Submissions.
- This webinar is a good fit for you if you have problems determining what the Treasury Board Secretariat wants and their role in the Federal Government, how the submission process works, and if you want to gain a better understanding of the sometimes-confusing process. Policy, program, and communications public servants will find Demystifying the Treasury Board Submission Process very helpful.
- While both webinars are designed as stand-alone offerings, Demystifying the Treasury Board Submission Process and the Memorandum to Cabinet Development Process pair well together as core central agency offerings.
Certificate in Policy and Governance
This course is part of the Certificate in Policy and Governance offered by the institute. While there are no formal prerequisites for this course, we highly recommend that you consider taking the preceding courses or familiarizing yourself with their content. This background knowledge will greatly enhance your learning experience. Please be aware that the instructor may not revisit these earlier topics in order to allocate ample time for the current material.
- You will learn when submissions are required and why
- You will learn about the decision-making process
- You will learn who does what in your department and at the Treasury Board Secretariat
- You will explore all the elements of a submission and learn how to prepare them
- You will understand how results-based expenditure management and Treasury Board policies drive the submissions process
- You will learn winning strategies to manage the process and to succeed
- You will have the opportunity to practice developing a Treasury Board submission through an optional exercise you can submit for feedback after the course