- governance and strategy,
- performance and productivity,
- financial management and controls,
- auditing and evaluation,
- management information and systems,
- grants and contribution funding
- B.Com. Baccalaureate in Commerce (Honours, Cum Laude) University of Ottawa, 1978
- M.B.A. Master in Business Administration – Science of Management, University of Ottawa, 1981
- Certificate Public Sector Leadership and Governance, University of Ottawa, 2016
Certification(s) & designation(s):
- CPA-CA Chartered Professional Accountant, “Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec”, 1984
- CFE Certified Fraud Examiner, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 1998
Mr. D’Aoust’s diversified career spans 40 years of senior professional and managerial experience, both in the private and public sectors. His academic and professional background covers an array of symbiotic disciplines, including public sector governance, commercial and management sciences, operational research and quantitative analysis, public accountancy and finance, forensic examination, performance auditing, productivity and program evaluation.
Robert recently completed unique research on public service governance and management reforms while in residency with the University of Ottawa. Previously, he held senior executive positions, including Chief Audit and Evaluation Executive at Environment and Climate Change Canada, which he joined in 2008 as Director General of Finance. He also served as Chief Financial Officer as well as Audit Director with the Office of the Auditor General. Earlier in his career, Robert worked for a public accounting practice and subsequently for a national consulting firm. In the mid-1990s, he pursued his ambitions through the successful creation of a local management consulting practice. He also served on boards of directors in the health care sector.
Native of the National Capital Region, Robert graduated from the University of Ottawa with a Baccalaureate in Commerce with honours and a Master in Business Administration specialized in management sciences. He also holds the professional designations of chartered accountant and certified fraud examiner.