Learn to leverage emotional intelligence and empathy as powerful and innovative tools to understand public policy problems and support problem-solving.
- Emotional intelligence and empathy are powerful policy tools, increasingly recognized as a ‘gateway’ into understanding policy issues. This half-day webinar will help you use these tools to help better understand and support public policy problems.
- Empathy-Based Policy Approaches will allow you to use innovative thinking techniques that incorporate empathy as a critical step in policy-making and policy-delivery. Our expert facilitators will help you explore how empathy empowers government to build strong relationships with citizens and stakeholders through collaborative working, engagement and innovative techniques.
- This webinar is the right fit for you as a public servant who wants to expand your skills in innovative thinking and policy-making. As a policy analyst, you can use the skills from this webinar to apply innovation and new directions in public policy. If you work in operations and program delivery, using empathy and emotional intelligence will improve your program results and outcomes.
- You will leave with an understanding of the concepts of emotional intelligence and empathy.
- You will learn how to use empathy to understand public policy problems.
- You will explore the principles and practical tools of techniques to use empathy in public policy, including radical collaboration and storytelling
- You will understand and appreciate the importance of empathy as part of collaborative working and engagement with citizens.