Join a two-day intermediate-level exploration of the integration of science, innovation, and policy to drive evidence-informed decisions.
Live online events
- Integrating Innovation, Science, and Policy is a two-day webinar that will give you an intermediate-level exploration of the integration of science, innovation, and policy to drive evidence-informed decisions.
- Our facilitators are seasoned policy practitioners who use case studies and discussions to help improve your understanding of key challenges facing government scientists, researchers, innovators, and policy analysts.
- Innovation and science are key contributors to the delivery of a broad range of public policy and regulatory mandates, but are not always well understood. Better integration of science and innovation into policy, regulation, and programs remains a challenge. There is demand for more public servants trained at the intersection of these areas. By taking part in this webinar you are joining this unique group of skilled public servants.
- You should attend Integrating Innovation, Science, and Policy if you work in innovation, science, and policy as a federal scientist, engineer, or researcher, or if you are seeking to improve your understanding and skills related to the policy context for science and innovation. Even if you don’t work in science and innovation, you can join this webinar to improve your understanding and skills related to how science and innovation impact your work.
- You will learn how to integrate science, innovation, and policy.
- You will gain a better appreciation of innovation and science policy, both in terms of “policy for science” and “science for policy” and “innovation in government” and “government in innovation”.
- You will gain a better understanding of the key issues, ideas, interests, individuals, institutions, and instruments underlying the government’s support of science and innovation in industry, academic, and government laboratories.
- You will develop skills to support effective written and oral briefings.
- You will acquire and practice new tools and resources to support collaboration and stakeholder engagement.