Full-time Position with benefits
Deadline to apply: October 17, 2021
The Marketing and Communications Business Partner will lead the development and execution of the IOG’s marketing and communication strategy. This role will include developing and executing communication plans, media outreach, social media activities, organizing and managing events, and brand building.
In this role you will:
• Be the go-to for media relations. You will communicate with government, media, and clients to support operations and develop proactive, and reactive communications strategies. As well as draft, edit, and work with the team on media submissions;
• Be the IOG’s social media manager, monitoring trends, and relevant news to identify opportunities to joining the conversation and grow the visibility. This includes drafting content and publishing across different online platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
• Write communications pieces and draft materials as needed;
• Plan, coordinate, and manage special events;
• Manage the evolution of IOG’s WordPress website, as well as day-to-day maintenance;
• Work with the Communication Lead to assist in the marketing plans and other strategic initiatives;
• Support the IOG’s management team in a variety of communications initiatives.
For this role you must:
• Have a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field, or relevant experience;
• Be self-motivated, and be able to work as a part of a team;
• Have experience managing communications for internal and external stakeholder groups;
• Be tech savvy, and know your way around the Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms, WordPress, and Zoom.
You’d be great for this role if you are:
• Flexible, and able to collaborate within and across teams;
• Fluent in both official languages (a bonus, but not required);
• Meticulous and organized;
• A “doer”, able to get the work done along with strategizing;
• Interested in building an engaged community around the IOG brand.
About the IOG
Founded in 1990, the Institute on Governance (IOG) is an independent, Canada-based, not-for-profit public interest institution with its head office in Ottawa’s Byward Market and an office in Toronto. Our mission is ‘advancing better governance in the public interest,’ which we accomplish by exploring, developing and promoting the principles, standards and practices which underlie good governance in the public sphere, both in Canada and abroad.
The IOG’s vision is to be the pre-eminent, independent Canadian source of knowledge, research and advice on governance and its continuous improvement.
The IOG works with a wide range of clients and partners, including governments, communities, business, the not for profit sector and other public purpose organizations to assess their governance and to develop programs for improvement. While much of our activity takes place in our home base in Canada, we also work with international partners and governments.
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from qualified applicants of all genders, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.