Full-time Position with benefits
Deadline to apply: May 24, 2022
The Marketing and Communications Business Partner will support the development and execution of the IOG’s marketing and communication strategy. This role will include developing and executing communication plans, media outreach, social media activities, organizing and managing events, and brand building.
As the Marketing & Communications Business Partner you will:
• Work directly with the Strategic Communications Lead to plan and support communications efforts to grow the organization and act on strategically identified initiatives and projects.
• Be the go-to for media relations. You will communicate with government, media, and clients to support operations and develop proactive, and reactive communications strategies, as well as draft, edit, and work with the team on media submissions.
• Be the IOG’s web content manager. You will monitor social media platform trends and relevant news to identify opportunities to engage with audiences. This includes creating and publishing content across different social media and web platforms.
• Utilize reporting tools to report on key web metrics across web and social platforms.
• Support internal staff in the creation and brand alignment of documents, presentations, and sales tools.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage special events such as day courses, client meetings, or program events.
For this role you must:
• Have a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in journalism, communications, marketing or a related field, or relevant experience.
• Be self-motivated and be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Have proficient experience across web platforms such as Hootsuite, Mailchimp, WordPress, and Social Media platforms.
• Have experience in content creation tools like Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Dropbox, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
You’d be great for this role if you are:
• Flexible, and able to collaborate within and across teams;
• Fluent in both official languages (a bonus, but not required);
• Meticulous and organized;
• A “doer”, able to get the work done along with strategizing;
• Interested in building an engaged community around the IOG brand.
What we offer:
• A flexible Hybrid Work Policy;
• Starting at three (3) weeks annual vacation;
• A Mobile Device & Home Office Equipment Allowance;
• A Comprehensive Health Benefits Plan.
About the IOG
Founded in 1990, the Institute on Governance (IOG) is an independent, Canada-based, not-for-profit public interest institution with its head office in Ottawa’s Byward Market and an office in Toronto. Our mission is ‘advancing better governance in the public interest,’ which we accomplish by exploring, developing, and promoting the principles, standards and practices which underlie good governance in the public sphere, both in Canada and abroad.
The IOG’s vision is to be the pre-eminent, independent Canadian source of knowledge, research and advice on governance and its continuous improvement.
The IOG works with a wide range of clients and partners, including governments, communities, business, the not-for-profit sector and other public purpose organizations to assess their governance and to develop programs for improvement. While much of our activity takes place in our home base in Canada, we also work with international partners and governments.
Deadline to Apply: May 24, 2022
To apply, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from qualified applicants of all genders, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.