Long-term success starts with the steps you take today. We can help you avoid stumbles.
Using a principles-based approach, our advisory services are built to help people and groups who are driven by their mission, passionate about what they do, and willing to take the steps necessary to succeed.
Products & Tools
Best Practices for Committees and Decision Support
Effective integration of committees is one of the problems thatLearn More
Best Practices and Success Factors in Shared Governance
We live in a policy environment in which the mostLearn More
Board Assessment, Training and other Associated Services
We use a principle-based approach We can help you: EvaluateLearn More
Addressing Your Specific Needs
Navigating growth pressures, staying focused on long-term goals, and finding success involves so many moving pieces, it’s best to seek advice from the best.
If you need a research-backed, expert-informed plan that you can act on today, measure tomorrow, and expand on after that, IOG’s advisory services are exactly what you’ve been looking for.
- Conducting comparative research, stakeholder engagement and organizational reviews that generate actionable insights you can use to improve your operations
- Conducting policy research, bolstering your policy capacity and providing strategic advice
- Improving your organizational eﬀectiveness and eﬃciency through business process transformation
- Supporting strategy development and strategic planning through in-depth analysis and expert facilitation
- Determining the most eﬀective division of responsibilities between elected and appointed oﬃcials in your department, agency or board
- Evaluating the eﬀectiveness of your governance systems by conducting governance assessments that address their complexity and resolve any conﬂicting interests
- Designing and facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings to suit your unique needs
Access our expertise
Being the pre-eminent, independent Canadian source of knowledge, research and advice on public governance and its continuous improvement means mobilizing our research and expertise to help you implement scalable and practical solutions to your governance challenges.
Access our leading expertise through our advisory services.
Our highly experienced team of consultants has over 20 years’ experience exploring and developing innovative approaches to up-to-date responsible and responsive governance and public sector leadership in Canada and abroad. We have worked sector-wide in public, private and not-for-proﬁt institutions and bring a full network of expert resources to everything we do.
Customized learning programs
We believe your work in the public service deserves more than a one-size-fits-all approach. That’s why our customized learning programs start with understanding you and your organization, and end with a tailored, measurable approach. An IOG customized learning program is the bridge that gets you from what’s happening now to what’s next.
Our team of trained, professional coaches can help you build your career, manage challenges, and dive into your goals. Each session is unique and every outcome is tailored to your success.
Most people who take advantage of our coaching services spend months with our coaches – this is not a one-off process; it’s an investment in you and your goals.