Public Sector Governance
The modern web of delivery models for public services offers many advantages, but also creates tensions for and between public agencies. Keeping mandates, objectives, values and policy aligned is a constant challenge. Effective governance ensures that objectives are realized, resources are well managed, and the interests of stakeholders are protected and reflected in key decisions. The Institute addresses public governance challenges by providing advisory services, hosting public events, providing learning opportunities, and leading the Public Governance Exchange (PGEx) research program.
Our public sector expertise is around
- Governance assessments: To help you evaluate the effectiveness of your governance system and address challenges like complexity and conflicting interests. Our advice on institutional relationships uses a customized approach that takes account of your particular objectives, history stakeholders, personalities and culture.
- Mandate and organization: To align reviews to help leaders optimize their organizations.
- Comparative research: To give you a better perspective of the current environment, challenges and options.
- Analysis and facilitation: To support strategy development.
- Assist departments: With practical governance thinking and tools relevant to the fiscal environment.
- Working with the Ontario public sector institutions and organizations through IOG’s Toronto office.