Board Leadership: Core Competencies Workshop Series
* Building on the work of Chait, Ryan & Taylor, Governance as Leadership (2005)
The Institute on Governance (IOG) has developed an innovative program that involves a series of evening workshop modules incorporating core competencies training for volunteer Directors with Not-For-Profit (NFP) organizations. This program will teach what it means to be a Board Member, the roles and responsibilities associated with being on a Board, the key skill sets required to be effective and how to build and maintain effective relationships within the Board and with other stakeholders.
These workshops will also provide you with an opportunity to explore governance concepts through selected case studies and from the facilitated sharing of experiences among workshop participants.
Overall learning objectives for all workshops are to:
- Define governance and understanding what constitutes good governance Board context
- Understanding the important role each Director plays and how to ensure you have an impact
- To adapt your leadership, experience and skills to serve as a Director
- The knowledge of the added value and relevance you bring to the Board
The workshops are:
Board Leadership: Oversight
Board Leadership: Insight
Board Leadership: Foresight
Board Leadership: Hindsight
The cost of each course is $275 (no HST) per person. You can sign up for all four courses for $900.00. The price includes expert facilitation, light meal and course materials.
Series bundles: April, May
The IOG offers tailored half-day and one-day programs designed to specifically address the learning needs of your Board. For more information on options and pricing for delivering a tailored program for your Board, please contact Brian Huskins at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-587-0868 for more details.